Home

My my My my

Advanced Tee Ball / Coach Pitch Rules (5-6 year olds)
Forum: General Discussion
Subject: Advanced Tee Ball / Coach Pitch Rules (5-6 year olds)
Posted by: of <a href='http://huguenotlittleleague.com' target='_blank'>huguenotlittleleague.com</a>
Date/Time:
Differences between Advanced Tee Ball and Basic Tee Ball are designated with a "+":

- The side is retired when all of the players on the team have hit
+ Outs will be enforced (players return to the bench), although not counted (thus, score is not counted)
- Everyone on the team gets to play in the field (no one on the bench)
- Players can only advance one base at a time regardless of how strong of a hit
+ Players can advance one base on an overthrow
+ Coaches pitch to the players who have 3 attempts to hit the ball before moving to the TEE
+ For Coach pitch, it is encouraged to pitch overhand close to the pitching mound (kneeling position optional), but flexibility is allowed for underhand or moving closer to the batter based upon special circumstances
- Last player who bats gets to run all the way around the bases regardless of location of the ball
- Game length is 3-4 innings (usually takes about an hour to an hour and a half)
- No leading, stealing, kicking dirt, or playing in the field without a glove
- Teams line up at home plate after the game to give each other high fives
- Players should play multiple positions each game and have the chance to play infield and outfield
+ Ball must travel more than 10 feet to be fair (use judgment for children who are having challenges hitting)
- Ball must stay within the foul lines to be fair (use judgment for children who are having challenges hitting)
- Most importantly, have fun!

Reply to message    
Message Thread
Subject Posted by When
Advanced Tee Ball / Coach Pitch Rules (5-6 year olds)    6 Years ago