Intermediate Only Assessments have been moved to Thursday at 6pm.
We know the weather doesn’t look good for baseball assessments, but we are going to hope for some good luck on Saturday. Assessments are a required aspect of Little League therefore we are going to try hard to get the assessment this weekend. We will make the decision and communicate by Saturday morning by 9:00 AM.
It looks like light rain in the morning but it’s always hard to tell how the weather will actually play out. If the infields are not playable we will use outfields. We have the older divisions starting first and we look for the weather to clear before younger players assess. If we have to cancel we will communicate alternate plans for assessments as soon as possible.
Welcome HLL Baseball Families
Assessments will be Saturday Feb. 20th at the Robious Sports complex from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM. If weather causes issues, the assessments will be pushed to Feb. 27th and the same assessment schedule will be used. Machine Pitch (7-8), Minors (9-11), Majors (11), and Intermediate 50/70 (11-13) Divisions.
- All players should be dropped off with masks and equipment for the assessment.
- Links to assessments schedules are below. If you need to adjust your time, please reach out to your divisional director ASAP using contact information is included at the bottom of this page.
- Arrive 20 minutes before assessment time for drop off
- Wear athletic clothing, cleats (optional) and any equipment needed (glove, bat, helmet, etc) we cannot provide equipment.
- Plan for ~60 minutes for the assessment after drop off
- If you have requested play up or down, you will have two assigned assessment times and are required to attend both
- If you have played at HLL and your address has not changed, nothing is required
- If you are new, Proof of residency as required by Little League [Residency Info] and age are required. Due to COVID we will review these documents without taking them just to verify the appropriateness.
- Your child’s assessment time is available in the following links.
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes before your assessment time to check-in.
- Please ensure your child brings a glove and wears cleats/sneakers and athletic clothing.
- The entire process consist of the following:
- Hit from pitcher
- Field a couple of grounders and throw about the distance from SS to 1B
- Catch a couple fly balls
- Please be patient as this is our first assessment under COVID protocols
- There will not be a make-up date. If you cannot attend, you will still play but please make the effort to attend assessments. Please let your divisional director know that you will not attend.
- One of the key reasons for the assessment is to make sure that all Managers can assess the kids in order to draft teams that are as equal and competitively balanced as possible. Without seeing all of the kids makes this difficult. We would love to have close to 100% participation.
- Please do not come at a random time. We have created the schedule so that we can get through 15 kids in 30 minutes. If folks come at the wrong time it will create unnecessary lines and delays.
Divisional Directors and Contact Information
- Justin Metacarpa, Machine Pitch,
- Tyler Tracy, Minors & Majors,
- Rob McCurry, Intermediate,
- Forrest Hulette, President,
We will do everything we can to make this a stress-free experience for your children. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know. Thank you!