BoD Chair - Iris Peterson (Secretary)
This committee is responsible for the scheduling of all games and practices for Huguenot Little League baseball and softball teams within the league and for interleague play.
- Works with other leagues schedulers to schedule interleague games
- Works with the Umpire in Chief to scheduling umpires for regular season, playoffs, and post season games
- Works with Parks and Recreations to share schedules
- Field allocations for HLL Co Partnership Agreement
- Manage lights and booking and reservations of County Fields
- Acts as liaison with the county for event and schedule maintenance
BoD Chair - Jeremy Kirkland (Treasurer)
This committee is responsible for the management and oversight of the Huguenot Little League concession stand and its employees.
- Manages concession budgets
- Hiring, training, and managing staff to support concessions
- Stocking and managing deliveries to stock concessions
- Works with board and other committees to operate concession to HLL Event
- Works with volunteer coordinator to coordinate with BMOD and Field Directors
- Reports committee updates to board
- Works with treasurer to maintain financial controls and monitoring of concess money
Members includes President, Vice President, Softball Vice President, Player Agent, Secretary
This committee is responsible for the handling of sensitive and important League matters and reports all findings to the board of directors while maintaining an animitty when it is important. Present issues to the board for consideration and vote.
BoD Chair - TBD
This committee is responsible for the development management and execution of the Huguenot Little League Challenger division including working with other leagues to place Challenger players and develop Huguenot Little League challenger teams volunteers and sponsors.
BoD Chair - Brant Elmore
This committee is responsible for the management, distribution, and oversight of equipment needed to support HLL baseball, softball, and Challenger programs. This committee tracks and manages the equipment that is provided by team managers, umpires, and shared training equipment for the facility (batting cages, mounds, bases, nets, tools …)
- Teams: Catcher gear, helmets, baseballs/softballs, pitching machines, scorebooks
- Fields: Turface, Chalk, Paint, liners, rakes, bases, base plugs
- Facility: Gator, Trike, Golfcart, Field Maintenance
- Works with treasurer on budget and manages to budget
- Works with board to requests and changes to budget
- Communicates with managers regarding pickup and return of equipment
BoD Chair - Jason Putney
This committee is responsible for the procurement management oversight distribution of League uniforms, trophies, and HLL merchandise.
- Works with division directors and board to order and manage inventory
- Handles the ordering of uniforms rom Huguenot supported suppliers
- Responsible for end of the season and tournament swag for families and players
- Responsible for the sorting and distribution of uniforms.
- Partners with HLL Fundraising on the development and procurement of HLL products
BoD Chair - Jeremey Kirkland
This committee is responsible for developing, planning and executing the fundraising strategy for HLL..
- Partners with treasurer and the board to establish fundraising targets for the year
- Develops strategy and plan to review with board
- Executes and manages the fund raising plan
- Works with the event planning committee on planning and coordinating the event
- The committee manages the collection and oversight of fundraising money
- Partners orks with the volunteer coordinator to engage team parents HLL membership
- Reports out monthly to the board of directors
BoD - TBD
This committee is the planning and organization muscle of the organization and will be essential to improving the overall league engagement in sponsored events.
- Partners with board and committees to develop and manage the calendar of events
- Leads planning efforts for HLL sponsor events
- Season milestones like start, stop, playoffs
- HLL Opening Ceremonies
- Family Night
- Fundraising Events
- Sponsor engagements
- Post Season Tournaments
- HLL Celebrations
- General Membership Meetings
- Develops and executes communication strategy for HLL Events
This committee is responsible for developing, cultivating, securing, processing, and growing Huguenot Little League sponsors to maintain stable league fees and provide support for developing and improving HLL Facilities.
- Develops strategy for sponsorships for the upcoming year
- Review sponsorship offerings and suggest improvements
- Develop strategy for reaching out to existing sponsor
- Follow up and sponsorship inquiries
- Process sponsorships and ensure HLL satisfies sponsorship agreement
- Works with event planner for any special sponsor event planning
- Works with the website administrator to promote sponsors online and through social media
- Manage sponsorship communication
- Be a sponsor advocate
This is an area that we have not had the right support for and is so important to the overall success of the programs that we offer. This person should be someone that truly loves the leagues and can communicate that with sponsorship engagements.
BoD Chair: Iris Peterson
This committee is responsible for developing HLL player, volunteer, umpire, general membership, and committee registration programs.
- Partners with the board to develop registration programs for the year
- Setup and manage registration programs for spring, all star, and fall player seasons
- Setup and manage registration programs to support league committees and operations
- Proactively addresses registration related questions/issues
- Provides updates to board of directors during monthly meetings
- Responsible for the collection and organization of residency requirements new players and all star rosters
- Process waiver requests for players that cannot meet residency requirements
Ensuring that the registration process is effectively managed is critical to our Little League Charter.
BoD Chair: Iris Peterson
This committee is responsible for the development cultivation training engagement and success of the volunteer community HLL. Grow the volunteer commitment and engagement of our adult league members.
- Partners with board members and committees to recruit league volunteers
- Partners with managers and team parents to coordinate important league information
- Manages and governs compliance applicable volunteer requirements
- HLL Volunteer Application
- Chesterfield County Coaching Card
- Little League Background check
- Partners with board members to address compliance issues
- Reports out monthly to the board of directors
- Responsible for the planning, communication for the general membership meeting
Developing a healthy volunteer community within the league is a requirement to offer and operate sustainable high quality programs for baseball, softball, and challenger programs.
Outreach and Communication
BoD Chair: TBD
The is the communication arm of the league and cuts across all committees and league operations. This committee needs to develop and execute a communication strategy that connects the league with league events and activities.
- Partners with board and committees to develop a communication strategy for the league
- Manages broad league communications and social media activity
- Develops and pushes content to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Manages and direct responses and engagements on social media
- Works with sponsorship committee with targeted communication
- Manages leagues communication through all media for key league events and activities
- Manages continent on the HLL Website
This ability to reach and connect to the community is key to providing an exceptional overall experience for our players, parents, members, and volunteers.
BoD Chair: Jason Putney
This committee is responsible for the development of and execution of a baseball program that develops, maintains, and delivers quality baseball experiences. Manages rules, division structure, assessments, drafts. Supports all leagues interactions with the baseball divisions including registration, scheduling, disciplinary, recruiting coaches, and responding to members.
BoD Chair: Tanya Shelton
This committee is responsible for the development of and execution of a baseball program that develops, maintains, and delivers quality softball experiences. Manages rules, division structure, assessments, drafts. Supports all leagues interactions with the softball divisions including registration, scheduling, disciplinary, recruiting coaches, and responding to members.
All Star Committee
BoD Chair: Forrest Hulette
This committee is responsible for the execution of the HLL All Star experience for Little League and Invitational tournaments.
- Includes communication with managers and league
- Reports out and manage board votes on all star decisions
- Organizes and and facilitates manager selection
- Ensures team selection according to league policy
- Accountable for creating tournament book preparation and presentation
- Developments and improves all star process to support the best experience for managers, teams, players, and parents
- Partners with outreach, event planning, and board regarding important all star activities and tournament updates
- Liaison working with teams on planning and process when they advance beyond district tournament
- Manages all star content on the HLL website
All stars is an amazing experience when done well but must be managed in a manner consistent with the approved process, must operate with transparency, and must be proactively communicated to be successful.
BoD Chair: TBD
Works with the county to maintain HLL and satellite facilities.
- Manages committee volunteers in field maintenance and improvement projects.
- Advises the president and treasures on budget requirements.
- Oversees the maintenance and operation of HLL equipment and consults on capital improvements and purchases.
- Trains managers and volunteers on field maintenance
- Organizes volunteers to prepare fields for events and in response to weather conditions
- Responsible for coordinating and maintaining key satellite fields with HLL Job Boxes (Bon Air, Greenfield, Midlothian, Bettie Weaver
- Reports out regularly to the board on field conditions and any special asks
Developing a core field crew that will help maintain the fields will help the fields stay in competitive quality for HLL and satellite fields.
This committee is responsible for the oversight and delivery of quality league umpires for all applicable divisions.
- Selection and interaction with Umpire and Chief and HLL umpires
- Partners with the chief umpire to ensure development and operation of umpire training
- Recruiters and supports the onboarding of new umpires
- Collects and action feedback to ensure continuous improvement
- Works with District 5 Chief Umpire during post season with HLL Volunteer Umpires
- Ensures all background checks and paperwork are completed for umpires
- Reports out the the board monthly
- Ensures scheduling changes and umpires issues are addressed
- Point of contact for the league for umpire related situation, questions, or concerns
This committee is responsible for making sure our umpire program is operating effectively and providing the right developmental experience for the umpires and league participants.